IMPACT Learning Cohort 1
Time & Location
About the Event
Sometimes the problem isn't the problem itself.
Has your system spent time and money adopting a new program/practice/policy only to find out the problem stubbornly remained in place?
Don't feel bad; this is all too common in education systems across the globe. We need to pay attention to the "how" as much or even more than we do to the "what" we will do. Problem identification is only a part of the process. Often, schools/districts stop there and move straight to implementation, which leads to adopt and abandon of practices and policies, and we end up with a graveyard of good intentions.
When we don't let implementation and improvement science guide the implementation of the selected practice/strategy/policy, it often doesn't yield the socially significant outcomes it was intended to produce. Ask yourself these questions...
- Did we execute our implementation through stages?
- Did we foster collective efficacy?
- Did we collaboratively develop an implementation plan that was clear, concise, and comprehensible?
- Did we monitor our implementation efforts?
- Did we have a plan to spread and sustain the practice?
Join our IMPACT Learning Cohort
- Two, 3-hour, live COHORT coaching sessions
- One, 1-hour live individual follow up coaching session
- Use of the IMPACT Implementation Planning Template and Tools
- Network and collaborate with your cohort
- Space limited to twenty teams
- The schedule will be determined by cohort member preference
- Sessions to occur in March and complete in April
What will the sessions cover?
- Overview of Implementation Science
- Why, How, What
- Addressing the Implementation Gap
- Using the IMPACT Implementation Planning Template
- Develop a clear, concise plan
IMPACT Implementation Stages
- Selecting an evidence-based practice
- Determining organizational readiness and fit
- Developing an implementation team
Plan and Prepare
- Steps to take prepare organization to implement
- Designing professional learning to build collective efficacy
- Preparing an implementation team
- How do we develop collective efficacy around the innovation?
- Including implementers voices
- IMPACT Implementation Stages
- Use of implementation teams to monitor and support the implementation
- Use of improvement cycles to support implementation efforts
- What data do we collect?
- Adjusting to climate, context, and culture
Spread and Sustain
- How good is good enough? How do we know the practice has taken hold?
- Build infrastructure supports to ensure the practice stays in place
What is the individual follow-up session?
- This session will occur with you and/or your team, your choice.
- This session will review your Implementation Planning Template and answer questions related to the learning sessions
- This session is customized to your needs.
- IMPACT Learning Cohort 1$229$2290$0